As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
I believe that simply fail to understand why God allows things like this to happen - when it happens. In the fullness of time - for each one of us, including the families, friends and neighbors of the children killed at Sandy Hook, - there will come a time when we sense there was a reason for this. That will be our "Adam and Eve like test." Will we perceive the event as allowed by God for His purposes to accomplish something for us - see Romans 8:28 : And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose"? Or will we heed the Serpent, (cont'd)
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 19 mins ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago