As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
I believe that simply fail to understand why God allows things like this to happen - when it happens. In the fullness of time - for each one of us, including the families, friends and neighbors of the children killed at Sandy Hook, - there will come a time when we sense there was a reason for this. That will be our "Adam and Eve like test." Will we perceive the event as allowed by God for His purposes to accomplish something for us - see Romans 8:28 : And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose"? Or will we heed the Serpent, (cont'd)
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago