As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
I believe that simply fail to understand why God allows things like this to happen - when it happens. In the fullness of time - for each one of us, including the families, friends and neighbors of the children killed at Sandy Hook, - there will come a time when we sense there was a reason for this. That will be our "Adam and Eve like test." Will we perceive the event as allowed by God for His purposes to accomplish something for us - see Romans 8:28 : And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose"? Or will we heed the Serpent, (cont'd)
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago