Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
My point, is that the re-distribution of wealth isn't achieved just through taxes. It is achieved by curbing the control that larger corporations have. An example is controlling monopolies. There are a multitude of policies which have and haven't worked to try and re-distribute wealth. Controlling monopolies is just a good example. It's is of course inevitable that monopoly controls can be steered by gov to favour certain corps. Which actually supports my point rather than weakening it. I will confess I am slightly off topic on this one but I'm trying to say re-distribution isn't as simple as taxing the rich and giving to the poor.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 15 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 15 hours ago