Lady Thatcher’s partner in dispatching that toxic ideology to the “ash-heap of history,” Ronald Reagan, famously declared in 1961 – at a time when the USSR was still very much a going concern – that “freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Today, it is threatened by another totalitarian ideology that some have aptly described as “communism with a...
In the late 1940s, Russian spies infiltrated the deepest levels of the US government, including the Rosenbergs who had stolen the plans to the nuclear bomb. America was threatened by a ruthless enemy in Soviet Communism that would not stop until the world was enslaved. When Senator Joseph McCarthy learned of the Russian infiltration of Washington, DC, he was determined to take the evidence public to the American people. In his famous speech on February 9th, 1950, McCarthy brought public a list of 57 known communists working for the state department.
Movie theaters across America have recently called to mind former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, a woman whose visionary leadership and fortitude – particularly in the fight against Soviet Communism – earned her the sobriquet “the Iron Lady.”
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago