That is because you are trying to use rational deductive reasoning. The issue of women's rights is completely comprised of two values 1) the double standard, 2) they want it both ways. If you recognize that women want it both ways and believe whole heartedly in the double standard, it becomes completely transparent and even rational in its own twisted way.
An article earlier this year in Politico speculated that this presidential election may be the first one ever to be decided by women. The Obama campaign understands this, and has trotted out a series of ditzy female celebrities to declare their support for Obama because he is for “women’s rights.” Eva Longoria, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Ashley Judd, Scarlett Johansson and others have come out publicly with statements within the past few weeks. Longoria spoke at the Democratic National Convention, and has said, "There is an attack on women’s health care and President Obama's policies are the only ones that are...
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago