In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
The MSM is fully onboard. They actually cited Australia as an example where gun-control had worked, carefully parsing their language. Paraphrased what was said was: After a heinous mass-shooting Australia implemented a restrictive assault weapons ban and gun control legislation that has worked well. Since the laws went into effect, there has not been a single mass shooting in Australia. Of course, the don't mention that gun crime has INCREASED SIGNIFICANTLY since the gun control laws went into effect, but that's the MSM for you - craven cowards who think they have the right to filter our news and spin it to their own agenda.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 11 hours ago