Colt’s Manufacturing doesn’t want to leave Connecticut—a state its called home for 175 years—but the company may be forced to if new gun laws are passed. The legislature is currently debating a number of proposals including an expanded assault weapon ban, ammunition restrictions, a new gun offender registry and a ban on bulk purchases of handguns, according to Fox News.
“Colt has manufactured the commercial semi-automatic version of the AR since 1963,” the company’s President and CEO Dennis Veilleux wrote in a recent
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago