Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
If you shoot a person in the back as he tries to run away, that will be the last time you own a gun. Prisoners do not have the right to keep and bear arms in prison.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 38 minutes ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 3 hours ago