TAMPA, Fla. – "There is something about a national convention that makes it as fascinating as a revival or a hanging. It is vulgar, it is ugly, it is stupid, it is tedious, it is hard upon both the higher cerebral centers and the gluteus maximus, and yet it is somehow charming. One sits through long sessions wishing heartily that all the delegates and alternates were dead and in hell -- and then suddenly there comes a show so gaudy and hilarious, so melodramatic and obscene, so unimaginably exhilarating and preposterous that one lives a gorgeous year in an hour."...
See the R convention that just ended for a great example of lies, idiocy, and filth. Here's a couple facts: 1. The rate of growth in federal spending has been lower during the Obama administration than during any other administration in the last 32 years. 2. Every study of the economics of healthcare concludes that Obamacare and similar programs that increase access to preventative care reduce the cost of health care for any nation in which they are implemented. 3. The R platform supports a total ban on bortions, with no exception for rape or mortal danger to the mother. 4. That plant in Wis. was shut down before Obama was inaugurated. You are on the wrong side of history.
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 43 minutes ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 4 hours ago