TAMPA, Fla. – "There is something about a national convention that makes it as fascinating as a revival or a hanging. It is vulgar, it is ugly, it is stupid, it is tedious, it is hard upon both the higher cerebral centers and the gluteus maximus, and yet it is somehow charming. One sits through long sessions wishing heartily that all the delegates and alternates were dead and in hell -- and then suddenly there comes a show so gaudy and hilarious, so melodramatic and obscene, so unimaginably exhilarating and preposterous that one lives a gorgeous year in an hour."...
See the R convention that just ended for a great example of lies, idiocy, and filth. Here's a couple facts: 1. The rate of growth in federal spending has been lower during the Obama administration than during any other administration in the last 32 years. 2. Every study of the economics of healthcare concludes that Obamacare and similar programs that increase access to preventative care reduce the cost of health care for any nation in which they are implemented. 3. The R platform supports a total ban on bortions, with no exception for rape or mortal danger to the mother. 4. That plant in Wis. was shut down before Obama was inaugurated. You are on the wrong side of history.
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago