This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
RE: Rich D. 11:01 11/16/2012 RE: Sola Scriptura (2/2) My response: However, Roman Catholic doctrine cannot contradict anything that is in the Bible: this is not Sola Scriptura like you imply with your specious argument, purposely meant to confuse people and make yourself look like a champion Catholic basher. For instance, Catholic doctrine says that contraception is a sin. But the Bible does not say that. However, Catholic doctrine on this issue is infallible doctrine because of the teaching authority of the Holy Spirit that resides in the pope, and because it does not contradict anything that is in the Bible.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago