This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
The Holy Spirit vs. Sola Scriptura (4/4) Just imagine what non-Christians would say about Christianity if God let his Son be born from an ordinary sinful woman. If you were God, would you want your son to be born of a prostitute? Of course, we finite mortal beings will never understand the infinite mind of God. That is why we must rely on the teaching authority of the Holy Spirit which resides in the One True Church: The Holy Roman Catholic Church.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago