This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
The Holy Spirit vs. Sola Scriptura (4/4) Just imagine what non-Christians would say about Christianity if God let his Son be born from an ordinary sinful woman. If you were God, would you want your son to be born of a prostitute? Of course, we finite mortal beings will never understand the infinite mind of God. That is why we must rely on the teaching authority of the Holy Spirit which resides in the One True Church: The Holy Roman Catholic Church.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago