This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
The Holy Spirit vs. Sola Scriptura (2/4) Holy Scripture, alone, cannot be used as a legal document as if it possesses the teaching authority of the Holy Spirit because the separated men who draw conclusions from it do not possess the teaching authority of the Holy Spirit. There can be only one true Church of God. The Pope, because he possesses the teaching authority of the Holy Spirit, speaks infallibly on faith and morals. Therefore, Catholics believe that the Roman Catholic doctrines like that of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary and her role as an intercessor are correct Christian doctrines.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 7 hours ago