This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
The Holy Spirit vs. Sola Scriptura (2/4) Holy Scripture, alone, cannot be used as a legal document as if it possesses the teaching authority of the Holy Spirit because the separated men who draw conclusions from it do not possess the teaching authority of the Holy Spirit. There can be only one true Church of God. The Pope, because he possesses the teaching authority of the Holy Spirit, speaks infallibly on faith and morals. Therefore, Catholics believe that the Roman Catholic doctrines like that of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary and her role as an intercessor are correct Christian doctrines.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago