It isn't every day that three men with such disparate ideological profiles find common cause, let alone on a high-profile issue that has been roiling American politics for years. But there they were at Boston's Seaport Hotel one evening last week,...
Illegals are different. The stupid refrain that "the will only do jobs Americans won't" has long been proven false. This originally started in regard to farm workers picking crops. It wasn't legitimate then, it is even less so after 30 years or more of illegals working without prosecution. Who picked crops before illegals did the work? But now illegals do landscaping, worked fast food and restaurant work. Who did it before? Teenagers working entry level, or making money from their neighbors. And now even skilled trades; construction, masonry and painting are difficult to be employed in unless you speak Spanish. And if some fool thinks Im being anti-immigrant...my wife is a legal Cuban immigrant, so I know intimately both sides of this.
Michael Bloomberg, the independent mayor of New York City, is no one's idea of a hardline Republican conservative. Media titan Rupert Murdoch, whose empire includes Fox News and The Wall Street Journal, is no one's idea of a squishy Republican moderate. And Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, a lifelong Democrat, is no one's idea of a Republican at all.
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 3 hours ago