It isn't every day that three men with such disparate ideological profiles find common cause, let alone on a high-profile issue that has been roiling American politics for years. But there they were at Boston's Seaport Hotel one evening last week,...
Illegals are different. The stupid refrain that "the will only do jobs Americans won't" has long been proven false. This originally started in regard to farm workers picking crops. It wasn't legitimate then, it is even less so after 30 years or more of illegals working without prosecution. Who picked crops before illegals did the work? But now illegals do landscaping, worked fast food and restaurant work. Who did it before? Teenagers working entry level, or making money from their neighbors. And now even skilled trades; construction, masonry and painting are difficult to be employed in unless you speak Spanish. And if some fool thinks Im being anti-immigrant...my wife is a legal Cuban immigrant, so I know intimately both sides of this.
Michael Bloomberg, the independent mayor of New York City, is no one's idea of a hardline Republican conservative. Media titan Rupert Murdoch, whose empire includes Fox News and The Wall Street Journal, is no one's idea of a squishy Republican moderate. And Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, a lifelong Democrat, is no one's idea of a Republican at all.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 6 hours ago