It isn't every day that three men with such disparate ideological profiles find common cause, let alone on a high-profile issue that has been roiling American politics for years. But there they were at Boston's Seaport Hotel one evening last week,...
Illegals are different. The stupid refrain that "the will only do jobs Americans won't" has long been proven false. This originally started in regard to farm workers picking crops. It wasn't legitimate then, it is even less so after 30 years or more of illegals working without prosecution. Who picked crops before illegals did the work? But now illegals do landscaping, worked fast food and restaurant work. Who did it before? Teenagers working entry level, or making money from their neighbors. And now even skilled trades; construction, masonry and painting are difficult to be employed in unless you speak Spanish. And if some fool thinks Im being anti-immigrant...my wife is a legal Cuban immigrant, so I know intimately both sides of this.
Michael Bloomberg, the independent mayor of New York City, is no one's idea of a hardline Republican conservative. Media titan Rupert Murdoch, whose empire includes Fox News and The Wall Street Journal, is no one's idea of a squishy Republican moderate. And Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, a lifelong Democrat, is no one's idea of a Republican at all.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 10 hours ago