It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
My wife had a friend who waited 5 years to immigrate to join his US citizen brother to help in his brother's business (he died before being approved). While I do have sympathy for children moved against their will by their parents; they are still jumping the line after breaking the law. To say they are not competing with legal citizens for jobs because many already were working, only proves an illegal workforce is already straining the system and harming incomes. Employers should be prosecuted for knowing violating immigration laws. If 30 million illegals (by some estimates) live here and the US population is 300 million; how would their absence increase employment and reduce the 8.3%? And how is it illegals get college educations paid for
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Russian tennis official suspended for calling Williams sisters “brothers” Jazz Shaw 46 mins ago
- Is the Ebola outbreak receding? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hitching Post Wedding Chapel ordered to perform same sex marriages Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago