It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
My wife had a friend who waited 5 years to immigrate to join his US citizen brother to help in his brother's business (he died before being approved). While I do have sympathy for children moved against their will by their parents; they are still jumping the line after breaking the law. To say they are not competing with legal citizens for jobs because many already were working, only proves an illegal workforce is already straining the system and harming incomes. Employers should be prosecuted for knowing violating immigration laws. If 30 million illegals (by some estimates) live here and the US population is 300 million; how would their absence increase employment and reduce the 8.3%? And how is it illegals get college educations paid for
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago