It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
My wife had a friend who waited 5 years to immigrate to join his US citizen brother to help in his brother's business (he died before being approved). While I do have sympathy for children moved against their will by their parents; they are still jumping the line after breaking the law. To say they are not competing with legal citizens for jobs because many already were working, only proves an illegal workforce is already straining the system and harming incomes. Employers should be prosecuted for knowing violating immigration laws. If 30 million illegals (by some estimates) live here and the US population is 300 million; how would their absence increase employment and reduce the 8.3%? And how is it illegals get college educations paid for
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 24 mins ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- VA whistle-blowers receive settlements for retaliation Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago