Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
These morons believe that marijuana dealers add extra cost to their products, for no reason at all, just to cut into their own profits. You know, like car dealers often gold plate the wheels of their cars, just for the heck of it. There is no need to add anything to marijuana, if what was available didn't sell, prices would fall, and prices have gone up over the course of the last two decades. There's no need to "add" anything to move the product, therefor the seller is not going to add anything. These people act like they don't understand economics at all. Of course, they think the way to minimize the sales of something is to make it hugely profitable, so maybe they don't have any understanding of economics....
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 19 hours ago