Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
The FDA doesn't regulate aspirin. Because it existed before the FDA. So did marijuana. It was called "grandfathering", and was part of the initial legislation. If it is grown by an individual, in their own home, it isn't imported, is it? So even your examples are being carried out unconstitutionally. Poison? Have you read what DEA Administrative Judge Francis Young determined during the rescheduling hearings? "The least toxic substance known". Period. Less toxic than potato skins. Much less so than aspirin. Google his name, it's published, and an absolute fact. You've bought into the propaganda.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 13 hours ago