I don't always agree with Slate's Dave Weigel, but his withering piece on the willful obsolescence of the White House press corps came to mind today as President Obama fielded questions about the sequester. Obama's initial remarks were filled with inaccuracies, misplaced blame and tendentious arguments -- but that's par for the course. The "question" and "answer" session was far more aggravating. Let's review the transcript and recount just a few reasons...
the only rule for the white house press corps = ASK EASY QUESTIONS AND DONT PRESS !!!! if you violate rule #1, you ll end up like jake tapper.
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidates start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 3 hours ago