I don't always agree with Slate's Dave Weigel, but his withering piece on the willful obsolescence of the White House press corps came to mind today as President Obama fielded questions about the sequester. Obama's initial remarks were filled with inaccuracies, misplaced blame and tendentious arguments -- but that's par for the course. The "question" and "answer" session was far more aggravating. Let's review the transcript and recount just a few reasons...
the only rule for the white house press corps = ASK EASY QUESTIONS AND DONT PRESS !!!! if you violate rule #1, you ll end up like jake tapper.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 4 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 5 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago