I don't always agree with Slate's Dave Weigel, but his withering piece on the willful obsolescence of the White House press corps came to mind today as President Obama fielded questions about the sequester. Obama's initial remarks were filled with inaccuracies, misplaced blame and tendentious arguments -- but that's par for the course. The "question" and "answer" session was far more aggravating. Let's review the transcript and recount just a few reasons...
the only rule for the white house press corps = ASK EASY QUESTIONS AND DONT PRESS !!!! if you violate rule #1, you ll end up like jake tapper.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 12 hours ago