The measure, unless blocked by a judge, will take effect in six months. The health board vote was the only regulatory approval needed to become binding in the city, but the American soft-drink industry has strongly opposed...
In response to:
nannybloom............if i want more than 16 ounces, i just buy two. btw.............you are soooooooooo stoopid.
The New York City Board of Health today approved Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposal to ban sugary drinks that come in sizes larger than 16 oz on a unanimous 9-0 vote. This was mildly surprising considering the national controversy that broke out in the wake of Bloomberg's initial plan, but the New York City bureaucrats have never been receptive to public outcry.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago