The measure, unless blocked by a judge, will take effect in six months. The health board vote was the only regulatory approval needed to become binding in the city, but the American soft-drink industry has strongly opposed...
In response to:
nannybloom............if i want more than 16 ounces, i just buy two. btw.............you are soooooooooo stoopid.
The New York City Board of Health today approved Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposal to ban sugary drinks that come in sizes larger than 16 oz on a unanimous 9-0 vote. This was mildly surprising considering the national controversy that broke out in the wake of Bloomberg's initial plan, but the New York City bureaucrats have never been receptive to public outcry.
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago