In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
do something? put an armed law enforcement officer in EVERY school. why? can intervene when trouble appears, cuts down tremendously on response time and finally has the advantage of letting people know........you cause trouble at a school, you may get shot. cost............not that much to protect one of the nations most precious treasures............our kids.
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 3 hours ago