As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
Here's what I understand as to how he got the weapons inside: He parked his car at the back of the movie theater next to an exit door. His weapons and body armor were in the car. He went around to the front of the theater and purchased a ticket. He took a seat on or near the front row. After the movie started, he got up and went out the exit door. He propped the exit door open with something so it wouldn't close behind him. He went to his car, kitted up, and armed himself. He walked back in the exit door and opened fire. I see nothing in the world that could have prevented this. He was meticulous in his planning. He was determined and committed to his course of action.
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 39 minutes ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago