As many of us know, the petition page on the White House website has become a very popular way for Americans to voice their opinions. A hot topic being discussed on this petition page is one that calls for the deportation of Piers Morgan, a popular television personality. After the shooting in Newtown Morgan hosted Larry Pratt, the executive director of the Gun Owners of America, to discuss what should be done to prevent shootings like this from happening again. When Mr. Pratt suggested that more guns were the answer, Morgan went on to call him an “unbelievably stupid man”....
Mr. Morgan, Nobody prevented you from stating your opinion regarding guns. THAT is what the First Amendment means. However, you still have to deal with people's reactions to what you say. The First Amendment also means I can say whatever I want about what it is you said. There's nothing wrong with Americans saying they want a non-US citizen who speaks ill of the freedom this country affords us - indeed, someone like you who wishes to curtail our freedoms - to leave the country. If you're afraid of the so-called "gun culture" in America then perhaps you should move back to England where guns are outlawed....and gun crime is rising.
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 13 hours ago