I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
It must be nice to rewrite the dictionary at will. Reid is insane and no one seems to care.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 8 hours ago