I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
It must be nice to rewrite the dictionary at will. Reid is insane and no one seems to care.
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago