The police were granted immunity from the damage done when they make a mistake, as has been the fire department. Once this happened the police did as any bureaucracy does when given more power - they have begun, in a lot of cases, abusing the power. For instance, in Palm Bay FL, the police got a call from children stating a neighbor had brandished a gun at them. The neighbor they identified was a deaf man. The police stood in the street and used a bullhorn requesting the man come out - of course he did not hear them. He had a note on the door above a button explaining the problem, but the police never got that close so they did not realize he was not resisting, he simply did not know they were there - and so they shot him through the walls and windows of the house. They honestly thought that just saying "sorry" to the family would be sufficient.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago