The police were granted immunity from the damage done when they make a mistake, as has been the fire department. Once this happened the police did as any bureaucracy does when given more power - they have begun, in a lot of cases, abusing the power. For instance, in Palm Bay FL, the police got a call from children stating a neighbor had brandished a gun at them. The neighbor they identified was a deaf man. The police stood in the street and used a bullhorn requesting the man come out - of course he did not hear them. He had a note on the door above a button explaining the problem, but the police never got that close so they did not realize he was not resisting, he simply did not know they were there - and so they shot him through the walls and windows of the house. They honestly thought that just saying "sorry" to the family would be sufficient.
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago