The police were granted immunity from the damage done when they make a mistake, as has been the fire department. Once this happened the police did as any bureaucracy does when given more power - they have begun, in a lot of cases, abusing the power. For instance, in Palm Bay FL, the police got a call from children stating a neighbor had brandished a gun at them. The neighbor they identified was a deaf man. The police stood in the street and used a bullhorn requesting the man come out - of course he did not hear them. He had a note on the door above a button explaining the problem, but the police never got that close so they did not realize he was not resisting, he simply did not know they were there - and so they shot him through the walls and windows of the house. They honestly thought that just saying "sorry" to the family would be sufficient.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014