The police were granted immunity from the damage done when they make a mistake, as has been the fire department. Once this happened the police did as any bureaucracy does when given more power - they have begun, in a lot of cases, abusing the power. For instance, in Palm Bay FL, the police got a call from children stating a neighbor had brandished a gun at them. The neighbor they identified was a deaf man. The police stood in the street and used a bullhorn requesting the man come out - of course he did not hear them. He had a note on the door above a button explaining the problem, but the police never got that close so they did not realize he was not resisting, he simply did not know they were there - and so they shot him through the walls and windows of the house. They honestly thought that just saying "sorry" to the family would be sufficient.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago