There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Sure, there may have been some vote fraud. In fact, I’m certain there was, because if Republicans are not above manipulating the vote, then neither are Democrats. But I think the biggest reason Obama won is because the Republican establishment chose the worst candidate and shut out everyone in the party who desired someone better. In response, many Republican voters stayed home or voted for other candidates, and Obama won by default. Now you Republican establishment idiots can go think about that for a while and let us pick a good candidate next time. Or you can watch your party become irrelevant, while we vote for the Constitution or Libertarian or some other party’s candidate. It would be good to have more than 2 parties anyway.
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 57 minutes ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago