There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Sure, there may have been some vote fraud. In fact, I’m certain there was, because if Republicans are not above manipulating the vote, then neither are Democrats. But I think the biggest reason Obama won is because the Republican establishment chose the worst candidate and shut out everyone in the party who desired someone better. In response, many Republican voters stayed home or voted for other candidates, and Obama won by default. Now you Republican establishment idiots can go think about that for a while and let us pick a good candidate next time. Or you can watch your party become irrelevant, while we vote for the Constitution or Libertarian or some other party’s candidate. It would be good to have more than 2 parties anyway.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago