No Way We Go Norway

Ethan Wrote: Dec 22, 2012 7:41 AM
Enough sour grapes! I see no reason to believe we would be any better with Romney. Look at how the deficit exploded under the last Bush administration, and realize that Romney is no better. The reason he lost is because the American people could see what he was, and they didn't want him. Had the Republican party allowed a fair choice in the nomination process, and had a good man been chosen to run against Obama, our current president would have been packing his bags by now.

I Told You So Redux

Ethan Wrote: Nov 27, 2012 11:07 AM
I supported Ron Paul in the primary season. When I saw what the Republican party did to him, I predicted they would lose the election, which they did. I could not in good conscience vote for Romney. So I cast my first-ever vote for a non-Republican candidate, Virgil Goode of the Constitution party. The election was no surprise to me, but at least my conscience was clear. I do hope the Constitution party grows and becomes viable, with their principles intact.
The 21st century witch hunt exists, it's all about sex offenders. This is nothing like that, so find some better example.
A consistent misspelling of "atheist", I'm guessing.

Christians Should Vote For Romney

Ethan Wrote: Jun 15, 2012 2:55 PM
I, a follower of Jesus Christ, will not be voting for Obama or Romney this election, because I follow the commandments of God, such as in Exodus 23:1-3: «Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness. 2 Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment: 3 Neither shalt thou countenance a poor man in his cause.» It is a lie that we must support Romney, or that he is a good candidate. The Republican establishment behind Romney is wicked, I will not lend my support to their lies. I will not follow the multitude on the wrong path. I will not speak against the poor man who speaks the truth.

Christians Should Vote For Romney

Ethan Wrote: Jun 15, 2012 2:04 PM
Doug, I wouldn't trust a Romney apologist any more than Romney, even if he claims to stand for the pro-life cause. I've had many doubts in recent years of the level of commitment of the leaders of our pro-life establishment organizations, and reading the piece you linked to merely confirms my doubts. I decided long ago that I would never vote for a pro-abortion candidate. Romney devised Romneycare, which provides abortion coverage, and he has never apologised for Romneycare. He is not pro-life, and I will not vote for him.

Christians Should Vote For Romney

Ethan Wrote: Jun 15, 2012 1:28 PM
Romney is also a wolf. I determined after the last presidential election that I would never again vote for another “lesser of two evils” candidate, so help me God. Neither Obama nor Romney shall have my vote this year. Yell and scream all you want, call me names, it doesn't matter. I will not throw away my vote by voting for the Republican Establishment's chosen candidate. Instead I will vote my conscience, I will vote for the best candidate available, even if I have to write in his name.
No, Ann, there are no cabs, busses or sidewalks in my “town”. I'm 18 miles from work, and only 7 of those miles are paved. I have my own bicycle, but I would be spending up to 4 hours a day riding it (22 miles round trip on gravel roads, which you really should try on a bicycle sometime for a character-building exercise) if I depended on that to get to work. If I had a wife, and if she had a car, she would probably need it herself, since where I live your automobile is your lifeline. Nobody is going to drive 36 miles to come and get me. Sometimes I get really tired of people assuming they know everybody else's situation, when in reality they have no idea.

Voting for War, Again and Again

Ethan Wrote: May 06, 2012 4:23 AM
This is why we need a true alternative to the warmongering presidents of the past and present. Ron Paul fits the bill for me, and he's the only one.

How Romney Can Win

Ethan Wrote: May 06, 2012 4:11 AM
I think this article is mostly right on the mark. Romney is not the man Americans want for their next president. The GOP knows that we are desperate to remove Obama, and so they hope that we will support even a really bad candidate if it will remove Obama. So enter Mittens, who is nothing but a Not Obama candidate. He has nothing of his own to offer, and he will always take his orders from the GOP, if he can even win. But I believe his only chance may be to convince Ron Paul supporters to support him instead. Fat chance of that happening!

How Romney Can Win

Ethan Wrote: May 06, 2012 3:54 AM
You don't think Ron Paul can win the nomination, yet you think Mittens can. And why do you think the candidate with the most enthusiastic following, the greatest appeal to independents and Democrats, and most conservative voting record cannot win the nomination? Do you know for a fact that the Republican party leadership is trying to destroy the party by nominating fools who can't win, and that a good man has no chance with them? Do you think the GOP has sold out to the Dems and agreed to throw the election? And finally, do you think it may make a difference that Paul supporters are taking over the party from within in order to overcome the bias of the old-guard Republican leadership in the nominating process?