Sure, there may have been some vote fraud. In fact, I’m certain there was, because if Republicans are not above manipulating the vote, then neither are Democrats. But I think the biggest reason Obama won is because the Republican establishment chose the worst candidate and shut out everyone in the party who desired someone better. In response, many Republican voters stayed home or voted for other candidates, and Obama won by default. Now you Republican establishment idiots can go think about that for a while and let us pick a good candidate next time. Or you can watch your party become irrelevant, while we vote for the Constitution or Libertarian or some other party’s candidate. It would be good to have more than 2 parties anyway.

Caught Red-Handed on Climate Change

Ethan Wrote: Jan 21, 2013 2:53 PM
Ericynot, your suggestion that we should turn dow our thermostats in winter and turn them up in summer is a good illustration of what I hate about socialism. When I heat my house in the winter, my goal is to have a comfortable environment to live in, as opposed to the harsh winds and sub-zero temperatures outside. Since the reason for having a house is comfort, I would have to be crazy to adjust the temperature to make it uncomfortable inside. If I want to be uncomfortable, I’ll go outside! I’d rather spend some effort on weatherproofing so I can afford to maintain a comfortable house. Now, do you think Algore keeps his house comfortable? Do YOU keep your house comfortable? If you don’t, you’re crazy, and if you do, you’re a hypocrite.

Caught Red-Handed on Climate Change

Ethan Wrote: Jan 21, 2013 1:53 PM
Yet none of those things indicate a human cause for these changes. My contention is that any changes in climate are not caused by us, nor can we reverse these changes, nor should we even try. Man is not God, and every time man tries to play God, there is trouble. Let the planet warm up if indeed that’s what is happening. We puny little creatures are not qualified to even pass judgment on whether that is a bad thing or a good thing. Let God take care of it.

ObamaMiles Tax Coming Soon

Ethan Wrote: Jan 17, 2013 2:39 PM
There is a simple way to deal with this problem. Repeal federal fuel taxes. Let the states fund their own highways. I live in Michigan, which is one of the states known as “donor states”, meaning we get less transportation money back than what we send to Washington. We would be better off keeping the money, and we wouldn’t have to deal with federal interference. On the state level, fuel taxes are down as well because of the aforementioned problems. I think the solution is to fund highways from the general fund, since all citizens benefit from roads. Milage-based and GPS tracking schemes are anathema to free Americans!

Tweet Irony: Crowd of Fools Cheers Obama

Ethan Wrote: Jan 03, 2013 12:56 PM
It was the 17th amendment which took the senate away from the states. This followed closely behind the 16th amendment, which took away the primary limitation on federal taxation, and started us down the road to unlimited growth of government. Both these amendments should be repealed.

Tweet Irony: Crowd of Fools Cheers Obama

Ethan Wrote: Jan 03, 2013 12:47 PM
Not just the education system. Don’t forget about parents (especially fathers) and church elders, whose job is to educate the children, and who are often neglecting that duty.

Tweet Irony: Crowd of Fools Cheers Obama

Ethan Wrote: Jan 03, 2013 12:43 PM
Do you really believe that we still have fair elections? Educate yourself about how our elections are being rigged, and stop accepting the outcome!

Tweet Irony: Crowd of Fools Cheers Obama

Ethan Wrote: Jan 03, 2013 12:37 PM
Not even a chicken is that stupid, but I’m afraid some of our young people might be. With absent fathers, little positive religeous influence and a corrupt school system, there is nobody to teach them wisdom and righteousness, and plenty of opportunity to learn foolishness and evil.

No Way We Go Norway

Ethan Wrote: Dec 22, 2012 7:49 AM
What craziness it would be to make the right to vote contingent on one's having fed the federal monster! Considering how evil the federal income tax is, and how little the typical wage earner understands this evil in comparison to the business owner who does his own taxes, we would be better off making it so only those who have not filed a W-2 are permitted to vote!

No Way We Go Norway

Ethan Wrote: Dec 22, 2012 7:41 AM
Enough sour grapes! I see no reason to believe we would be any better with Romney. Look at how the deficit exploded under the last Bush administration, and realize that Romney is no better. The reason he lost is because the American people could see what he was, and they didn't want him. Had the Republican party allowed a fair choice in the nomination process, and had a good man been chosen to run against Obama, our current president would have been packing his bags by now.