And for good reason. Many teachers are dedicated, work long hours and are responsible for dealing with a multitude of problems that are not strictly academic, but the lousy ones are the rotten apples spoiling many a barrel. The good ones defend the bad ones. The striking teachers of Chicago public schools give liberals, even if they call themselves...
In response to:
You can't call the parents because: (A) they don't answer their phones (B) their mama's "sick and can't do nuthin anyway" (C) nobody knows who the daddy is (D) you might get the gramma to agree with you and be willing to do something about it (maybe), but if she dares, the kid's mama steps in and won't let nobody hurt her baby.
Not so long ago, many youngsters wanted to grow up to be a teacher, and parents were pleased to encourage them. Not any longer. Teachers have become the Rodney Dangerfields of postmodern America. They typically can say, "I don't get no respect."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 11 hours ago