We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
When I read the comments and op-eds on townhall.com, I am surprised that we are not far behind in most subjects. And, one more point--the far right seems to find joy in despising educators. Academics are routinely demonized. Germany in the 1930's used the same tactics.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 13 hours ago