We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
When I read the comments and op-eds on townhall.com, I am surprised that we are not far behind in most subjects. And, one more point--the far right seems to find joy in despising educators. Academics are routinely demonized. Germany in the 1930's used the same tactics.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago