We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
When I read the comments and op-eds on townhall.com, I am surprised that we are not far behind in most subjects. And, one more point--the far right seems to find joy in despising educators. Academics are routinely demonized. Germany in the 1930's used the same tactics.
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago