Colorado Distribution Group is a privately held storage and shipping company based in Denver. Thanks to hope-a-nomics, its warehouse is saddled with nearly 7,000 pallets of federally subsidized solar panels (one-third of which are completely spoiled and unsalable), along with related detritus such as...
In response to:
Look, I own a business, here's my take. Health Insurance -- we cover all employees through a blue chip HMO. Costs up since Obamacare by almost 30%. There is no wiggle here, they send us letters advising that the cost of the policy is going up. Period. A big part of our business involves shipping. Fuel surcharges and overall shipping costs are the highest, by far, ever. Many invoices are hit by 10% of their face value in shipping alone. The result? Simple, we've been in a very conservative mode for some years now. Sell as much from existing inventory as possible instead of bringing out new product. Keep as little inventory as possible. Raise prices. Minimize new hires. Minimize spending. Fewer business lunches and dinners. Halt updating
President Obama promises to move the country forward with his recycled pledge of five million green jobs. But in the real world, small businesses are struggling to stay afloat as they deal with the fiscal wreckage of this administration's disastrous venture socialism. Here's the tale of just one Colorado company victimized by the Obama Department of Energy (DOE).
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014