Press accounts describe Perez, currently the assistant attorney general for the Justice Department's civil rights division, as a "tireless advocate of worker and civil rights." The son of immigrants from the Dominican Republic, Perez was a former special counsel for the late illegal alien amnesty champion...
In response to:
I own a small business. While on every level I am squeezed by the government (directly and indirectly, e.g., the monster health insurance premium increases forced on me by Obamacare) -- there are 60-70 illegals standing outside, a mere 1/4 mile from where I sit at my desk ... waiting to be picked up by contractors. Right now. When they get injured ... emergency room. Their employers do not pay for their health care. The local police sit in their cars in full view of this illegal activity ... waiting to pounce on moms in minivans and teens ... to create cash flow for the local government. We have a local ballfield that is used by all the illegals to play soccer ... two bridges out. The above realities speak of a 3rd World country.
The Beltway is buzzing over President Obama's likely nomination of Thomas E. Perez as the next head of the U.S. Department of Labor. But when Americans find out whom Perez has lobbied for most aggressively over the course of his extremist leftwing social justice career, they'll be wondering which country Obama's pick really plans to serve.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago