Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Are you serious? 1. What does that even mean? Other than you have no idea what to say. 2. The COTUS is dead? Since when? We have added and deleted Amendments from it. But yeah, the essential meaning of the document of yesterday is relavent today. Mainly because the Framers took note of human nature (unchanged in thousands of years and thousands of attempts) and the nature of power (unchanged in thousands of years and thousands of attempts). The Articles or Amendments address the failures of the past and lessons learned from those pasts. 3. The idea behind the 2A is that a tyrant always uses a standing army to subdue and control the governed. An armed citizenry which out number and outguns the army is essentual to freedom
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago