Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Are you serious? 1. What does that even mean? Other than you have no idea what to say. 2. The COTUS is dead? Since when? We have added and deleted Amendments from it. But yeah, the essential meaning of the document of yesterday is relavent today. Mainly because the Framers took note of human nature (unchanged in thousands of years and thousands of attempts) and the nature of power (unchanged in thousands of years and thousands of attempts). The Articles or Amendments address the failures of the past and lessons learned from those pasts. 3. The idea behind the 2A is that a tyrant always uses a standing army to subdue and control the governed. An armed citizenry which out number and outguns the army is essentual to freedom
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 4 hours ago