Funny stuff. Does the author really believe the modern Bible was not constructed by groups of people deciding which parts to keep and which to discard? That is precisely how the Bible came about. Not only did large swaths get left on the cutting room floor when various Catholic special interest groups imposed their politics on the ancient texts, but many parts were later edited by English clerics during their "interpretation" of the King James version. If you choose to believe something on faith (and we all do) whether it be science or doctrine, think carefully about the source and do your own research. If it leads you to conclude that it's okay to wage war, forcibly control others, or wreck the planet you may want to reconsider.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago