Funny stuff. Does the author really believe the modern Bible was not constructed by groups of people deciding which parts to keep and which to discard? That is precisely how the Bible came about. Not only did large swaths get left on the cutting room floor when various Catholic special interest groups imposed their politics on the ancient texts, but many parts were later edited by English clerics during their "interpretation" of the King James version. If you choose to believe something on faith (and we all do) whether it be science or doctrine, think carefully about the source and do your own research. If it leads you to conclude that it's okay to wage war, forcibly control others, or wreck the planet you may want to reconsider.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 8 hours ago