Funny stuff. Does the author really believe the modern Bible was not constructed by groups of people deciding which parts to keep and which to discard? That is precisely how the Bible came about. Not only did large swaths get left on the cutting room floor when various Catholic special interest groups imposed their politics on the ancient texts, but many parts were later edited by English clerics during their "interpretation" of the King James version. If you choose to believe something on faith (and we all do) whether it be science or doctrine, think carefully about the source and do your own research. If it leads you to conclude that it's okay to wage war, forcibly control others, or wreck the planet you may want to reconsider.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 10 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago