As Obama stood next to the world's most recognized democracy icon, he mispronounced her name repeatedly. Ever gracious, Suu Kyi did not correct her American guest for calling her Aung YAN Suu Kyi multiple times during his statement to reporters after their meeting. Proper pronunciation for the Nobel laureate's name is Ahng Sahn Soo Chee. The meeting came after Obama met with Myanmar's reformist new President Thein Sein - a name he also botched. As the two addressed the media, Obama called his counterpart "President Sein," an awkward,...
nycXJ61 Wrote: 25 minutes ago (10:42 PM) "LOL -- If your first name is really "Xavier" I guarantee you your last name isn't "Johnson" Anyone dumb enough to use their real initials to their name deserve whatever they get, but thanks for trying" BZZZZZZT! Sorry, XJ, you use those same two initials in every reincarnation, after being banned for idiocy. By the way, you just reminded me of my favorite "definition": reintarnation - coming back after death as a hillbilly....
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago