This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
eddie, I didn't lose my religion in "government run schools". I lost it in church. I went once or twice a week throughout my childhood, was baptized, officially joined the church, etc. And the more I listened to what they were preaching, and the more I read the Bible, the more it became clear that the whole thing was made-up nonsense. My church had its version of the truth, the church down the street had a slightly different one, and other religious organizations around the world had their own versions of divinity and salvation. So, was my church the "right" one, and all the others "wrong"? It finally dawned on me that they were ALL dealing in fiction.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 10 hours ago