The American left and our "objective" journalists -- same thing, I know -- are not helping the nation balance its budget. As usual, these partisan hacks are obsessed with tearing the Republican coalition apart,...
Corbett, First off, I'm not a Democrat. I don't think either major party is worth a bucket of warm spit. Secondly, we either raise more revenue AND cut expenditures or we go under. Simple as that. Raising the top rate by the 4% Obama wants is NOT going to kill our economy nor will it reduce revenue.
The conventional wisdom has emerged that in order to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff," politicians in Washington must agree to some method of tax increases ("revenue") -- which will be real, even if low taxes are not the cause of our ills -- alongside some kind of promise of spending restraint on entitlement programs, which is our problem, and which no one believes Washington will restrain.
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 8 mins ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 47 mins ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago