The liberal media should be lapping this up. There was an accurate recounting of the global rejoicing, especially in Argentina. There were hopeful words about his pastoral modesty. But as the day came for the pope to be installed, the natural secular liberal nastiness toward the oldest Christian faith bubbled up in demands for "tolerance"...
kimbrell, they should give up their beliefs and adopt mine if I can convince them that mine are more valid. Five hundred years ago a majority of people believed the earth to be flat. Would you fault me if I tried back then to convince them it was round? I believe that religion, on balance, does more harm than good. I know a majority of folks in this country disagree with me about that, but that doesn't mean I should just shut up and go away. I'm not telling anyone what to believe. I'm trying to give them a reason to reexamine their beliefs.
Many millions of Catholics around the world were joyous with the naming of a new pope -- a holy man from the Third World no less. Even in choosing his name, Pope Francis is emphasizing a devotion to the poor, and humility in his clothing and manners.
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 12 minutes ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms; Update: Hoax? Allahpundit 2 hours ago