But there are those people who hate the Catholic Church, and they are ecstatic. Take documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney, a man who clearly thinks he is holier than the Pope. He told the Daily Beast that Benedict is a "criminal." This helps explain why he's made a documentary for HBO, the home...
One day in the Vatican, one of the Pope's flunkies rushes to his side: "Your Holiness", he gasps, "I have some good news and some bad news; the good news is, Our LORD Himself is calling you on the overseas telephone!" The Pope scratches his head: "Truly, that is good news; He can use modern technology whenever He chooses to! What could be the bad news???" "Your Holiness,". The young man answered; "He's calling from Salt Lake City."
Pope Benedict XVI shocked the world on Monday morning by announcing he would resign at the end of February. For Catholics, there was sorrow and there was gratitude for a Holy Father who taught with such distinction and worked with such care to safeguard the church's theological traditions.
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago