I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Is it "principled" that the Republicans and Democrats pass ballot access laws with the explicit purpose of excluding any competition? And by the way, even the Republicans and Democrats pay petitioners to get their ballot access in many states. They just don't have to get as many signatures. Paid petitioning has been around for as long as ballot access petitioning was required. You can't use volunteers and gain as many signatures as many states require, it would be impossible. I've petitioned as a volunteer, I know how hard it is. You can spend 8 hours and get 300 signatures, then have 150 or more of those tossed out because the voters for silly technical reasons. When you need 40k signatures, you can see how tough that would be.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 11 hours ago