Leading up to the 2012 election cycle, many analysts predicted Republicans would seize a Senate majority with relative ease. The math is heavily tilted in their favor: Of the 33 seats up for grabs, 23 are controlled by Democrats. The GOP needs to net four seats to guarantee control of Congress' upper chamber. If Mitt Romney wins the presidency, a net of three seats would hand Republicans an effective majority, as Vice President Ryan would act as the tie-breaker. But a few funny things happened on the way to 51 seats. Safe incumbent Olympia Snowe of Maine decided to...
If the GOP lets the TEA party lead them by the hand and not fight them,they shall have their majority.
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago