Leading up to the 2012 election cycle, many analysts predicted Republicans would seize a Senate majority with relative ease. The math is heavily tilted in their favor: Of the 33 seats up for grabs, 23 are controlled by Democrats. The GOP needs to net four seats to guarantee control of Congress' upper chamber. If Mitt Romney wins the presidency, a net of three seats would hand Republicans an effective majority, as Vice President Ryan would act as the tie-breaker. But a few funny things happened on the way to 51 seats. Safe incumbent Olympia Snowe of Maine decided to...
If the GOP lets the TEA party lead them by the hand and not fight them,they shall have their majority.
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 18 hours ago