Leading up to the 2012 election cycle, many analysts predicted Republicans would seize a Senate majority with relative ease. The math is heavily tilted in their favor: Of the 33 seats up for grabs, 23 are controlled by Democrats. The GOP needs to net four seats to guarantee control of Congress' upper chamber. If Mitt Romney wins the presidency, a net of three seats would hand Republicans an effective majority, as Vice President Ryan would act as the tie-breaker. But a few funny things happened on the way to 51 seats. Safe incumbent Olympia Snowe of Maine decided to...
If the GOP lets the TEA party lead them by the hand and not fight them,they shall have their majority.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 8 hours ago