Leading up to the 2012 election cycle, many analysts predicted Republicans would seize a Senate majority with relative ease. The math is heavily tilted in their favor: Of the 33 seats up for grabs, 23 are controlled by Democrats. The GOP needs to net four seats to guarantee control of Congress' upper chamber. If Mitt Romney wins the presidency, a net of three seats would hand Republicans an effective majority, as Vice President Ryan would act as the tie-breaker. But a few funny things happened on the way to 51 seats. Safe incumbent Olympia Snowe of Maine decided to...
If the GOP lets the TEA party lead them by the hand and not fight them,they shall have their majority.
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 39 mins ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago