Gawande would have a point if we were all built like machines, but we're only mere humans. We're all unique individuals. We need the individualized treatment that only our professional "craftsmen" doctors can afford us. It's indeed unfortunate that Obamacare cannot offer this kind of individualized treatment. The formula for this terrible piece of legislation requires that we're all treated the same, and therefore our care will be substandard. Because fewer people will be afforded the healthcare they need, the need for long-term care will decline as fewer and fewer people will live to that point. One thing is certain about socialized medicine. It's a loser from the very beginning. It isn't less expensive and it can't deliver better care. Not only has our president led Congress down the garden path but the stupidity of the democrat party swallowed it hook, line and sinker.
And as usual Eric Holder and the DOJ are totally at odds with the civilized world. I for one am really sick of looking at his pitiful face… and ready for him to be tossed in jail where he belongs!

The Cost of War – on Coal

Eric1945 Wrote: Jun 30, 2013 3:55 PM
If our Congress lets this clown get away with spending our hard earned money for another one of his stupid ideas, then anyone who votes 'yea' should be voted out of office.

The Cost of War – on Coal

Eric1945 Wrote: Jun 30, 2013 3:51 PM
The fact is Obama cannot justify his personal war on coal, but he doesn't care about that. In his tiny little mind he believes that, as "the most important man in the world", to himself and everyone else. He's doing what he must do, regardless of the fact that "none of us realize just how important a decision his is". And, as any narcissist will tell you, they ARE the most important person in the world!

I'm Honored by Comrade Tool

Eric1945 Wrote: Jun 30, 2013 3:32 PM
I have to ask you guys why you're so concerned about labels? Can't you defend an argument on the basis of it's merits instead of which flavor of ideology it falls in line with? I just don't see the need to do so.

I'm Honored by Comrade Tool

Eric1945 Wrote: Jun 30, 2013 3:23 PM
Who cares… enjoy the offense, victim!

I'm Honored by Comrade Tool

Eric1945 Wrote: Jun 30, 2013 3:18 PM
He's good at it… no question.

I'm Honored by Comrade Tool

Eric1945 Wrote: Jun 30, 2013 3:12 PM
I don't understand… what was the goal all about?

I'm Honored by Comrade Tool

Eric1945 Wrote: Jun 30, 2013 3:07 PM
So it's Ransom's fault that you don't bother to read his columns regularly? Another typical liberal response to one's shortcomings… blame the messenger. You people just don't know when to keep your mouths shut, do you!

I'm Honored by Comrade Tool

Eric1945 Wrote: Jun 30, 2013 3:01 PM
Rereading your column's John is as much fun now as it was the first time I saw them! I thoroughly enjoy watching you hand these liberals their as-'s each time they choose to propose more of the same old BS that they're so well known for. You'd think these idiots could learn from this well-deserved abuse… but no. Their brains simply cannot engage in rational thought. Well done, 'Guru Of Conservative Thought'
Only a state as numb and out of touch as MA is would elect a political hack from Chevy Chase, Maryland to represent them in the US Senate. These people have been brain dead for decades, having been trained by the democrat hierarchy to keep their mouths shut and just follow the party line. Typical behavior for liberals though.