Back in 2008, Candidate Obama ran for president on a platform of change, including promises of government transparency, the likes of which we'd never seen before. Of course, countless scandals -- from Solyndra to Fast and Furious -- prove that we're still not seeing that transparency. However, several Republican lawmakers are out to force the president to meet his own standards. They're introducing legislation that would bar the president from passing any "midnight resolutions," orders lame duck presidents issue in the last minutes of executive office.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago