In response to:
I just wish that Americans would understand that corporations don't "pay" taxes. Ever. They simply collect taxes for the government. The sales tax at least, is honest. While Wal Mart nominally "pays" the sales tax on all of its sales, the tax gets passed on to its customers and shows up right there on the receipt. Income taxes don't show up on the receipt, but they are also paid by customers. Every penny a corporation earns comes out of the pockets of its customers. Trying to raise taxes on "the rich" is like trying to empty the deep end of a swimming pool. This country would be so much better off if the voters would learn one simple lesson: If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 2 hours ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago