As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 20 mins ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 3 hours ago