Buried within dismal election night tallies, conservatives can find some encouraging numbers. Sixty percent of all American voters were married, and married people chose Romney overwhelmingly, 56 to 42 percent.
Meanwhile, voters in households making more than $50,000 a year – a full 59 percent of the electorate – also went Republican by a big margin of 8 percent. And a full 78 percent of voters identify themselves as Christian—Protestant or Catholic – preferring Mitt Romney by more than 10 percent.
So how did Obama win? By piling up big majorities of the...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 10 hours ago