In response to:
Why would I attempt to snark Mikey of all people--reigning world champion in that endeavor? Take sarcasm away and he wouldn't have a show. Willard's presidential campaign and super PAC are outraising Obama among financial-sector donors $37.1 million to $4.8 million. And near the front of the pack are 19 Obama donors from 2008 who are giving big to Mittens. The 19 have already given $4.8 million to his campaign and super PAC through the end of April, according to the FEC. In 2008, they gave Obama $213,700. None of them has given a penny to the president’s reelection campaign or the super PAC supporting it.You can find the specific lists here: http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/other_disclosure.shtml
President Obama attacks bankers and hedge fund managers as greedy “fat cats, ” but the financial industry continues to lavish generous donations on his campaign. The non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics shows the Securities and Investment industry in third place among all interest groups in supporting the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee. Financial sector donors have already provided $14.5 million, ahead of their record-breaking pace in 2008.
Why would Wall Street titans continue to back the president, when he rips them rhetorically and threatens harsh new regulations? Because many industry leaders dread...
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 17 mins ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 57 mins ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago