In response to:
Why would I attempt to snark Mikey of all people--reigning world champion in that endeavor? Take sarcasm away and he wouldn't have a show. Willard's presidential campaign and super PAC are outraising Obama among financial-sector donors $37.1 million to $4.8 million. And near the front of the pack are 19 Obama donors from 2008 who are giving big to Mittens. The 19 have already given $4.8 million to his campaign and super PAC through the end of April, according to the FEC. In 2008, they gave Obama $213,700. None of them has given a penny to the president’s reelection campaign or the super PAC supporting it.You can find the specific lists here: http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/other_disclosure.shtml
President Obama attacks bankers and hedge fund managers as greedy “fat cats, ” but the financial industry continues to lavish generous donations on his campaign. The non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics shows the Securities and Investment industry in third place among all interest groups in supporting the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee. Financial sector donors have already provided $14.5 million, ahead of their record-breaking pace in 2008.
Why would Wall Street titans continue to back the president, when he rips them rhetorically and threatens harsh new regulations? Because many industry leaders dread...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 54 minutes ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 4 hours ago