It's painful when a lawschool drop-out and medicore movie critic tries to recast himself as an expert on economics -- and I don't just mean painful for the reader. Stick with the Golden Turkey's, Mikey. You're on solid ground there.
President Obama seeks re-election by touting his record as a “job creator,” but indisputable statistics from his own Labor Department deflate his claims. Fewer people hold jobs today than when Obama became president, while the number of “unemployed” soared, and those who gave up looking for work rose even more dramatically--from 81 million all the way to 88 million.
In April, 342,000 more people gave up the job search, meaning that the percentage of the work-age population either looking for work or holding jobs fell to 63.6 percent, the lowest level in more than...
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 33 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago