Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
We just lost an election by 3.5 million votes. An election that the leadership told us was in the bag. Yet you insist upon believing this self serving fiction. When our own side did the same thing during the GWB Error, the leadership pretended it wasn't real. It didn't happen. They are still re-writing history, refusing to learn from their mistakes. Unless and until our side returns to reality we will see Republican Party membership continue to shrink and power continue to ebb away to the Left. Intellectual dishonesty, political hypocrisy and a legislative policy of obstructionism over compromise is killing the conservative movement.
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago