Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
We just lost an election by 3.5 million votes. An election that the leadership told us was in the bag. Yet you insist upon believing this self serving fiction. When our own side did the same thing during the GWB Error, the leadership pretended it wasn't real. It didn't happen. They are still re-writing history, refusing to learn from their mistakes. Unless and until our side returns to reality we will see Republican Party membership continue to shrink and power continue to ebb away to the Left. Intellectual dishonesty, political hypocrisy and a legislative policy of obstructionism over compromise is killing the conservative movement.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago