Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Enrique25 Wrote: Oct 10, 2014 11:14 AM
Prager himself once used the Congo as an example making the case for the superiority of Christian values. He was apparently unaware that the Congo is one of the most Christian countries in the world, not just in percentage of Christians but in intensity of practice.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Enrique25 Wrote: Oct 10, 2014 10:10 AM
I'll be listening with interest to how Dennis responds to Malala receiving the Nobel Peace Prize yesterday. See below for my observations on Dennis's lack of attention to Malala. I think her winning the award is inconvenient to Dennis, in the same way that Malala hersefl is inconvenient to him. And frankly there are some similarities to the way she makes Pakistani conservatives uncomfortable.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Enrique25 Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 1:57 PM
he talks about Ayaan Hirsi Ali for the same reason he talks about anything he talks about: because it fits right into his agenda. Malala, not so much.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Enrique25 Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 11:07 AM
Your attitude is what this is all about. People like Prager and Maher put a thin veneer over it, but you take it off here in this post.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Enrique25 Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 11:05 AM
You guessed right that I am on the left. You are making all kinds of guesses, some right, some wrong.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Enrique25 Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 10:46 AM
where did you get the idea that I was offended? In fact I wasn't.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Enrique25 Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 9:39 AM
By the way, as a longtime listener to Dennis's program, the lack of attention he has given to Malala has been striking. It fits right into many of the topics he talks about. If he meant many of the things he says he believes in, he would be talking about her a lot. His lack of attention to her is purposeful.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Enrique25 Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 9:37 AM
Regarding the point about Malala, and Dennis's response. Why are the bad qualities of extremists attributed to Islam, but the good qualities of Malala for example not attributed to Islam? That's a choice Dennis is making. He wants to hold onto his prejudices.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Enrique25 Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 9:34 AM
Kristof's point about Malala, for example, is key. Dennis has a bad answer for that. His answer is to simply deny that Maher and Harris are making blanket statements about Muslims. It reminds me of people that express ignorant views of my own nationality, and then tell me that they're not talking about me. They don't bother to think, if I don't fit their image of Hispanics, maybe their image is false. Same goes for Dennis and Maher. I'm not so familiar with Harris, but it sounds like he's the same.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Enrique25 Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 9:26 AM
Dennis doesn't usually agree with liberals, but when liberals show prejudice and ignorance then he stands with them.

'Not Islamic'?

Enrique25 Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 8:49 AM
Prager is correct at the end when he writes "If the president feels he has to obfuscate for the sake of gaining Muslim allies, so be it." But Dennis himself obfuscates for political reasons, let's have some clarity about that. There was a great moment recently on Dennis's radio show, where he accidentally let the truth slip. He was talking about the problems in the Middle East, and he attributed them to "fundamentalism". That's exactly right. And it was amusing to hear him struggle to correct his error, to get away from the truth he accidentally diverted to, and back to the regularly scheduled propaganda.