The Genocide Libel

Enrique25 Wrote: 8 hours ago (8:12 AM)
Like I said, antisemitism is a serious thing and should be called out, BUT... BUT, right now there is a war, which has already killed over a thousand, and has disrupted countless more. There is a huge moral difference between this real human suffering and the names people call each other.

The Genocide Libel

Enrique25 Wrote: 8 hours ago (8:10 AM)
When other groups protest such racist talk, Prager mocks them. For example his inane, juvenile "Sixherb" joke. (why isn't antisemitism in there?) I myself don't mock protests against antisemitism. Antisemitism should be called out wherever it appears. I'm on the left, and I think antisemitism on the left should be called out. But notice that Prager self-servingly fails to mention antisemitism on the right. Such a serious topic, and Prager can't rise above his foolish partisanship.
And conversely, where does Putin's opposition lie? Prager makes a glancing reference to courageous resistence, but his only specific mention is Sakharov from a generation ago? What about now? Where is Prager's love for Pu**y Riot? Has he ever uttered their names? Oh, maybe it's because they are on the dreaded "Left".
Where exactly does Putin's support lie? in the right-wing, of course. And not just in the Russian right-wing, but in the American right wing. Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association called Putin "A lion of Christianity" for his anti-gay policies. It's the same as in Iran. Ahmedinejad's support came from their right-wing. And just like in Russia and the U.S., Iran's right-wing was big on using Culture Wars to hold on to power, especially anti-gay agitation.
I agree with your first point, as I said in my original post. Where I disagree is where you start talking about the Palestinians and failing to recognize their humanity, as we both acknowledge the Israelis' humanity.

The Jewish State in a Morally Sick World

Enrique25 Wrote: Jul 15, 2014 12:00 PM
Regarding Prager's comparison between the Jewish and Arab "cultures" as they react to violence by their people, I suggest people Google "sderot cinema" and read about the Israelis watching the Gaza bombing from a hillside and munching on popcorn and cheering at the destruction and death. I'm not going to judge these people, I am not in their shoes. I'm certainly not going to ascribe their behavior to their entire society. But same goes for the Palestinians.

The Jewish State in a Morally Sick World

Enrique25 Wrote: Jul 15, 2014 11:53 AM
Hey did you know that Israel is a European-style socialist state?

The Jewish State in a Morally Sick World

Enrique25 Wrote: Jul 15, 2014 10:51 AM
yes I've heard that. In my judgement it's a blatant lie on his part, both the omission of Obama's role and the misleading connection to Reagan. Unlike Prager, I don't pretend to be shocked by blatant lies in politics. They happen all the time. Compared to most other RWers, Prager lies less but that's nothing to get to proud about. Certainly he comes nowhere near the level of honesty he boasts of.

The Jewish State in a Morally Sick World

Enrique25 Wrote: Jul 15, 2014 10:46 AM
Netanyahu on the Cairo rescue, which given your response and the total non-mention in RW media you may not even know about: "I would like to express my gratitude to the President of the United States, Barack Obama. I asked for his help. This was a decisive and fateful moment. He said, 'I will do everything I can.' And so he did. He used every considerable means and influence of the United States to help us. We owe him a special measure of gratitude. This attests to the strong alliance between Israel and the United States. This alliance between Israel and the United States is especially important in these times of political storms and upheavals in the Middle East."

The Jewish State in a Morally Sick World

Enrique25 Wrote: Jul 15, 2014 10:44 AM
Yes I've heard about the lack of the phone call, I have the same question for you that I have for everyone else that repeats that talking point: which is more important, a phone call or millions of dollars for a missile defense system that has saved hundreds of lives? By the way, Netanyahu was honest enough to credit and thank the United States taxpayers, and Obama specifically, for Iron Dome, and to point out that it has saved lives during this crisis. I have plenty of criticisms of Obama, but mine are VERY different from Prager's. Mine are honest, and they are the result of thought, and they are my own thoughts. I'm not a partisan that has sold my brain and my opinions to a political party.