Previous 0 - 8

Don't Blame Romney

Enquirer Wrote: Nov 13, 2012 8:04 PM
Let's see the untruths here: 'president who wrecked American health care, quadrupled gas prices, added $6 trillion to the national debt and gave us an 8 percent unemployment rate " So ensuring that insurence companies will cover folks with preexisitng conditions, children covered under parents till 26 is some how wrecking American health care. How does a president quadruple gas prices? even if so what was the gas price under Clinton and what was it when Bush left? Who actually quadrupled? Add $6trillion to national debt: Who took national surplus and put it in 1 trillion tax cuts and 2 trillion wars that was not paid for? Who wrecked an inherited booming economy and took 5% employement rate to 7.8% and diving fast? Not Obama.
When mother Teresa spoke out against abortion she was backed by her credibility that she also took care of children, mothers, young, old, living, dying and dead people from the streets. So she could raise a voide against abortion. What ceredibility do these poverty mocking gun trotting republicans have when it comes to an issue requiring human compassion?

Did the Election Save ObamaCare?

Enquirer Wrote: Nov 13, 2012 12:38 AM
1 in 3-4 americans have preexisting conditons which will now cause many of them to be not covered. It could be you or your family. When students graduate from college at 22 or 23, and if they dont get a job right away, they end uo taking huge health risk. That will not change. It could be your son or daughter. It is usual for people not to think about htese things when they are not affected. But when they are affected they change their minds. When you fall sick you need care not ideological purity.

Did the Election Save ObamaCare?

Enquirer Wrote: Nov 13, 2012 12:38 AM

Did the Election Save ObamaCare?

Enquirer Wrote: Nov 13, 2012 12:33 AM
If you pay Walmart 3 times the cost of what you could pay say in anothe rstore and you get 3 times less of the product, you say Walmart is broken. To know whether your system is broken you have to comare it with other systems. When yuo do that you know it is broken. $7000 is our per capita cost of health care. That is double of the next highest, Canada. If Canada has long lines for some procedures it is because all those who need the procedure line up. In US only the part of the needy that has the coverage line up. The fact that US has the highest % medical break throughs has nothing to do it the free market system; it has every thing to do with the early foothold we got in research when Lincoln commisioned the National Science Foundation.

Did the Election Save ObamaCare?

Enquirer Wrote: Nov 13, 2012 12:25 AM
Obamacare saved the election.

Is the GOP Headed for the Boneyard?

Enquirer Wrote: Nov 12, 2012 2:53 PM
You asked any questions, so I answer. Those black reactionaries you mentioned have no electroral impact. To the main stream democrats they are crazies. Can you say the same thong about the impact of Rush Limabugh and Glenn Beck on the republican conciousness? Rush Limbaugh was responsible for Palin who discredited John MaCains candidacy. Democratic party fielded Biden not Lois Farrakhan.

Is the GOP Headed for the Boneyard?

Enquirer Wrote: Nov 12, 2012 2:45 PM
Continued... What Pat was articulating as I inferred was that unless you look like him he does not think the US will ultimately benefit from the policy of legal immigration. I immigrated from Asia to do my doctoral research in science and my fellow immigrants from UK were some how the right immigrant in his mind. His plan if voted in would be to temperarily limit legal immigration and let the existing immigrants assimilate. To me this meant I would be better off to fold my tent and go back to Asia. But then Bill Clinton won and I have instinctively voted for democrats ever since. I still like father Bush but cannot take a chance with republicans although I am now safely a voter. Pat's thinking is still reflected in the modern party and vote

Is the GOP Headed for the Boneyard?

Enquirer Wrote: Nov 12, 2012 2:40 PM
Pat, Here is how you tunrned me into a lifelong democrat. I am a legal immigrant who came to the US duing Bush Clinton election year. I was a blank paper as far as American politica are concenrned and enjoyed the debates between Bush and Clinton and was impartially observing. This was soon after the first gulf war for which I had a genuine respect for Bush for his conduct of the war. It was precise, targeted and in my opinion necessary. Although I could not vote at that time I was leaning towards his party. I did like clinton as well. Remeber, I had not yet been introduced to the blue and red concept. An articulate and likeable man named Pat Bucchanan was a participant in the primary. He won New Hampshire and Arizona and was in the news.
Previous 0 - 8